Need Some Help Putting An Event On A Small Budget?
Look no farther. Our tips can help you and your team!
Rule Number 1 – Keep it Simple
The kids today don’t know how to be simple. It’s up to you to show them how to have fun without electronics and loud noise all the time.
Have a parade with homemade musical props. We have square sticks of wood with the lids off juice bottles that make a clatter noise. Be creative: Wooden spoons old pot lids, bells, whistles.
We have big wands that make gigantic bubbles. Sometimes you may find them in a dollar store. At events we take at least 10 wands. Kids can come and go and play with bubbles. You will need two buckets. One bucket is for the bubble wands and one other for bubble juice.
Our Secret Bubble Juice Recipe
- 3 litres. of water (12 cups)
- 1 cup dawn dish soap. (Yellow, orange or red works the best)
- 3 – 4 tbsp glycerine
Make the night before
You can purchase streamers on sticks or streamers to fit on fingers. It’s a good idea to have a container that the streamers go back into, otherwise they disappear. We take 10 streamers.
It’s very important that you have some summer fun music. But not so loud it blows your ear drums out. People have to talk, laugh and be able to communicate with music in the back ground. Someone in the group may be a musician or have a CD to play music.
Hoola Hoops and Hoopa Balls:
Where there is music people like to hoola hoop or bounce on hoopa balls. It’s a good idea to have a contained area that these props stay. We take 10 hoola hoops and 3 – 5 hoopa balls. Hoola hoops are great to make obstacle course.
You will find temporary tattoos at party stores. They are so fun!!
Funky Hair Colouring:
Funky hair colour sprays are affordable. Each can cover 3 – 5 heads. Depending on how much spray you use per head. We try to keep one colour per head otherwise it gets costly with multi colours.
Punch Balloons can be purchased at the affordable party stores. These are just as much fun as sculptured balloons but more durable with the sun and wind in the summer.
Buy ribbons for the all the children. When they participate in an activity give them a ribbon. In this way everyone goes home a winner.
Make your own with special surprises
- Age appropriate who can run the fastest.
- Shoe kicks – see who can kick their shoe the farthest.
- Leap Frog Race
- Three legged race
- Sack race
- Pie Eating Contest
The most important of the event is having fun together!!!!
Are you looking to plan an incredible Halloween Fun
The Checkers Entertainment Services Team can take care of many of the details for you, such as themed characters. We have more than 200 costumes and 500 professional entertainers!
Planning A Party? Here Are Some Tips From The Checkers Entertainment Team
- Invite your guests at least one half hour before your entertainer arrives. It’s more fun to be at the party early to create excitement for when the entertainer arrives.
- Have name tags for all the participants.
- Turn off all televisions & radios.
- Make sure your batteries are charged for your camera. Have your camera or telephone handy for unexpected surprises.
- Keep the adult noise to a minimum. It’s hard for the entertainer and the children to stay focused through talking.
We Recommend That You:
- First – Have your entertainment.
- Second – Open the gifts.
- Last – Have the food last so you won’t have to deal with a small crowd on a sugar buzz. Send them home with a sugar buzz!!!! Your day will be less stressful.
2 Final Reminders:
- NO SMOKING!!!! Some children and adults are allergic to cigarette smoke.
- Enjoy The Day – don’t sweat the small stuff, like the mess you can clean up later.